NJ.com will host a virtual event to educate first-time homebuyers: how to register for free
As part of NJ.com’s EmpowerU series of events, we’re hosting a free virtual webinar detailing everything you need to know about buying your first home.
During the “What First-Time Home Buyers Need to Know” event, real estate professionals will guide viewers through setting their intentions, working with a real estate agent, mortgage programs and more.
We will also discuss the roles and responsibilities of a buyer’s agent, facts about mortgages, and the closing process.
- Set intentions BEFORE you start shopping
- Importance of having your own real estate agent as a buyer
- Pre-qualifications vs pre-approval
- State programs and federally backed loans available to first-time home buyers
- Additional charges
- Closing of the transaction
Meet the real estate professionals:
- Jason Berg is Vice President of Sales and Branch Manager at Family First Funding. He has over 14 years of experience in the mortgage industry and is licensed to work in five states.
- Katherine Rozzelle is a real estate agent with Signature Realty NJ. She joined the company two years ago with over 15 years of experience in customer service, sales and project management.
This event is free, but places are limited, so register here now.
About NJ.com’s EmpowerU Virtual Event Series
EmpowerU is a series of virtual events helping New Jersey learn, plan, save and grow. Powered by NJ.com, EmpowerU events bring our trusted journalism to life to educate, empower and empower attendees on the topics that matter most to them.
NJ.com and The Star-Ledger reporters host interactive panel discussions featuring industry experts, public figures, mentors and trailblazers. Featured event categories for 2022 are Finance, Health, Parenting, Careers and Education. Learn more here.